Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Dress



Funnily enough, before I did any other planning for the wedding I got the dress. I went to Paraguay to study Guarani last year and decided it was the perfect time to take advantage of the high quality, inexpensive hand tailoring Asunción has to offer. I asked around and everyone told me the same thing: if you want to have a special wedding dress made just for you, go to Cecilia Fadul.

Cecilia is possibly Paraguay's most popular designer. She specializes in folk chic - which was exactly what I had in mind. I took her my ideas and she really made them come to life beyond anything I could have possibly expected. It's totally me! She and her seamstresses crafted the dress in under a month and for WELL under the price a bride would buy a designer dress in the United States. They incorporated the ñandutí details perfectly, which you can see a little blurry bit of in this picture, but no more sneak peeks for you!

No comments: