Saturday, November 3, 2007

The Big Day



I must say that when the big day finally came, I was glad to have enough presence of mind to take photos of me and my dog.

My tips for brides to be: get everything squared away and handed off so you have as few responsibilities as possible the day of, because once it starts rolling, it's a delightfully intoxicating whirlwind on one incredible moment right after another. It goes so fast, you barely have time to register what is going on. Be in the moment and enjoy. I was lucky that the only time I got nervous was while I was in the dressing room, and that faded as soon as Andrew and I were face to face in front of Rev. Morrison. Then I just couldn't stop crying - a totally different problem.

How did it all turn out? Not everything went as I expected, but as a whole, it was great. Andrew and I had so much fun, and a number of our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to or something to that extent, which was absolutely music to our ears.

If you are like me - who wasn't always that convinced about the whole "wedding thing" - I gotta tell you that it's really worth it. To spend one day affirming and celebrating the love between you and your partner, sharing that with your closest family and friends, (not to mention sharing good music, food and drink)...how could you go wrong?

No comments: